Note that each Content Type can only have one Tag field. The Tag field, if it exists in a Content Type, is a special field that is used by certain operations in dotCMS (such as Personalization), so duplicates are not allowed.
Adding a Tag Field
To add a Tag field to a Content Type, perform the following steps:
1. Select the Content Types tab.
2. Find and edit the Content Type you wish to add the Tag field to.
3. On the Add/Edit Content Type editing page, click the +Add New Field button:
4. Set the Display Type to Tag.
5. Label the Tag field and add any of the other optional attributes:
6. Save the new field.
7. To verify the operation of the new Tag field, add or edit content of the appropriate Content Type from the Content tab:
For more information on contributing content with tags, please see the Tagging documentation.