From the Site Browser youcan easily find, create, and modify folders, files, Pages and Menu Links, and upload files to any folder. For ease of navigation, the Site Browser has been divided into two basic viewing areas: The folder tree which shows a Site's folder directory and a detail area that displays the contents of theselected folder.
From either the folder treeor the detail area, you canright-clickon an folderto display the following options:
- Edit Folder - change the name/properties/permissions of a folder
- Delete - deletes the folder and ALL of it's contents
- Publish (all) - publishes all Pages and files that are currently unpublished in the selected directory and all it's subfolders
- Push Publish - adds the folder or object to the push publishingqueue (requires an Enterprise license and Push Publishing configuration)
- Add To Bundle - adds the folder or asset to a Bundle for push publishing
- Copy - creates a duplicate copy of the folder, subfolders, Pages and files that can then be pasted into another directory or the root folder of a host.
- Cut - allows the folder to be transferred or “pasted” into another folder. If the paste option is not chosen, the original folder and it's contents will remain in their current folder
- New - select this option to create a new folder, Page, upload an image or file, upload multiple files, or create a Menu Link inside the selected folder
From either the folder tree or the detail areayou canright-click on a Pageto display the following options:
- Open (Preview) - opens the Page in Edit Mode
- Page Properties - allows editing of the Page properties: title, URL, template, permissions, etc.
- View Statistics - displays statistical data concerning front end user traffic to the HMTL page selected
- Publish/Republish - forces modifications to display on the “live” front-end Page
- Push Publish- adds the folder or object to the push publishingqueue (requires an Enterprise license and Push Publishing configuration)
- Add To Bundle - adds the page to a Bundle for push publishing
- Publish - publishes a saved or draft copy of a Page or asset
- Unpublish - forces the Page into a draft state in which the Page will be no longer visible from the live site
- Unlock - unlocks a previously locked page or asset
- Archive- removes the Page from the content repositoryto be picked up for final deletion by administrative cleanup tasks
- Copy - copies the Page and its properties so that a duplicate can be pasted in another folder or the root folder of a host.(does not make a copy of content linked to Page)
- Cut - allows the Page to be transferred or “pasted” into another folder. If the paste option is not chosen, the Page and will remain in the current folder
Viewing Language Versions from the Site Browser
Pages, Files, and content of all Content Types can be created in multiple language versions. To view different Sites or Folder directory assets by language version, click the language drop down menu:
The image above displays a “training” directories Pages that have been created in English. To view the Spanish pages in the same directory, the language version selector on the Site Browser has been switched to Spanish.
All language versions of a Pages, files, and content can be managed from the Site Browser. To learn more about multi-lingual content, please see themulti-lingual site managementdocumentation.
The Show Archived button can be toggled on and off to view archived files and Pages. If a file, Page or folder is accidentally archived, clicking Show Archived will reveal them so they can be unarchived. It is recommended that you routinely remove older archived objects from a dotCMS. For more information on these cleanup tasks and how to automate them, please see the Backend Maintenance Tasks documentation.