The Link Checker portlet allows you to run an External Links check on your site content.
Video: dotCMS Link Checker
Running the Link Checker
To run the Link Checker:
- Select Content -> Link Checker.
- Click the Run Check Now button.
You can click the Refresh button to display the progress and results of the link checking process. Once the process finishes it will display one row with the following information for each broken link found:
- Title: Content title
- Field: Field where the broken link was found
- Structure: Content type for the given content
- User: User that modified the content
- Modified date
- URL: Broken Link.
Fixing Broken Links
To fix any broken link, click the pencil icon next to each listed content to edit that content. Find the broken link within the content and replace it with a corrected link.