Existing dotCMS Plugins
A number of plugins have already been created for dotCMS, both by the dotCMS staff and by dotCMS users and member of the dotCMS Users Group.
A number of plugins are provided on the dotCMS website. These plugins are written and maintained by dotCMS, and the code for these plugins may be found by searching Github (see below).
In addition, you may find even more existing dotCMS plugins by searching Github or searching the web for appropriate plugins. Note however that many of the plugins returned from these searches are provided by developers or organizations other than dotCMS, and therefore may be written for earlier versions of dotCMS, or may not be updated or tested on the latest version(s) of dotCMS.
It is important to be aware of the following when working with static plugins:
- All static plugins must be located in the
/plugindirectory (from the root of your dotCMS distribution folder).
- A static plugin's ID is the folder name of that plugin under the plugins directory.
- You must have Apache ANT installed to use static plugins.
- To deploy a static plugin you must restart (stop, deploy, and start) dotCMS.
- Static plugins can not be deployed or changed without restarting dotCMS.
- For plugins that can be dynamically deployed and undeployed, please see the OSGI / Dynamic Plugins documentation.