The following tools are not required to install or use dotCMS, but may prove during dotCMS installation or troubleshooting.
- SQuirreL SQL is a database browsing tool written in Java, which allows you to query and modify your database using a graphical SQL interface.
- JConsole, which is installed with the Java Development Kit, allows you to connect to and monitor dotCMS after JMX has been enabled. JConsole allows you to monitor resource usage and the state of all running threads.
- For more information on jconsole, please see the Oracle jconsole documentation.
- JXplorer is an LDAP browsing tool written in Java, which can help you verify your LDAP information.
- If you are not using LDAP integration, you have no use for this tool.
You may wish to use the following tools if you plan to develop dotCMS plugins or contribute code to dotCMS.