You may delete tags from individual Content items by editing the Tags field of the Content items. You may delete tags from a Tag Repository via the Tag Manager.
To delete tags from a Tag Repository:
- Display the repository in the Tag Manager.
- Click the checkbox to the left of the tag(s) to be deleted.
- Click the Delete Tags button.
- All tags added to individual Content will automatically be added to the appropriate Tag Repository, based on the Site Tag Storage setting.
- Once a tag has been added to a Tag Repository, it can only be deleted from the repository via the Tag Manager.
- Deleting the tag from all Content that uses the tag will not remove the tag from the Tag Repository.
- However deleting a tag from a Tag Repository does remove the tag from the Suggested Tags popup that displays when users enter new tags.
- Similarly, deleting a tag from a Tag Repository does not delete the tag from the individual Content items that contain the tag.
- To completely remove a Tag from the system, you must both remove it from all Tag Repositories it is in and remove it from all individual Content that includes the tag.
- Note that you may search for all Content items containing a specific tag using the Advanced Content Search feature.
Deleting Persona Tags
Tags included in a Persona Tag field are treated like other tags, and may be deleted from the Tag Repository in the same way as all other tags. However the Key Tag of each Persona is not included in the Tag Repository, and can not be viewed or managed from the Tag Manager.
- To delete a Persona Key Tag, you must archive or delete the Persona containing the Key Tag.
- To change a Persona Key Tag, you must edit the Persona containing the Key Tag.