System information can be accessed from the UI without needing shell access. This system information can be very important when debugging issues in dotCMS. It also allows you to confirm that a change to a system variable has taken effect on startup.
In the System → Maintenance page there is a tab called System Info. This tab provides a list of both the Environment Variables and System Properties.
In the Environment variables you will be able to view the values for important variables such as JAVA_HOME, JAVA_OPTS and more.
In the System Properties, values are displayed such as:
- Startup Args (Startup arguments where you can find memory settings)
- catalina.base (dotCMS home directory)
- java.runtime.version (java version)
- java.vm.specification.vendor (java vendor)
- dotcms_level_name (dotCMS edition)
- and more...