dotCMS Releases 2.1
Jul 24, 2012
Miami, Florida | Boston, Massachusetts – July 24, 2012 – dotCMS, an open source, Java-based web content management system, is pleased to announce the release of v2.1. This latest release continues the momentum in providing a robust enterprise platform for both commercial-grade and multi-tenant content driven web applications.
“This release is only the beginning of our plans to push and improve our currently successful dotCMS 2-Series product offering.” announce Will Ezell, CTO of dotCMS. “dotCMS R&D is moving at a solid and steady pace in building more manageable, usable tools and functionality on an already proven platform that provides one the most scalable, powerful and easy-to-use web content management platforms in the marketplace today.”
Overview of Changes
Site Search (Enterprise) http://dotcms.com/docs/2.0/EnterpriseSiteSearch/
- dotCMS 2.1 ships with a brand new Site Search, complete with backend UI and frontend tools.
- Indexes all popular office document formats, pdfs, pages and content.
- Supports multiple languages.
- Supports full and incremental index updates.
- Supports multiple Search Indices for different subsections of content or sites, with various include/exclude patterns.
- Index can be backed up and restored from the command line. http://dotcms.com/docs/2.0/RESTfulAPItoManageSiteSearchIndexes
- Supports facets http://dotcms.com/docs/2.0/FacetedSiteSearch
Scheduled Workflow Tasks (Enterprise)
- Scheduled Task Automation Added to Workflow - Within a step you can now schedule a Workflow Action to automatically execute if the task remains on that step for a certain length of time. This allows you to create automatic review dates for content, escalate content stalled in workflow or perform any other workflow action on a timed basis.
- Workflow search has been improved allowing you to find tasks older than a specified date.
Easier Administration and Manageability
- You can now get Index Details and Cluster Statistics by highlighting over the Cluster Health Bar under CMS Maintenance.
- It is now possible to get a list of users currently logged in from the CMS Maintenance tool.
- It is now possible to get a Thread Dump from the CMS Maintenance tool.
- MySQL no longer requires lowercase table names be set nor bin logging to be off.
- Via a REST URL you can now retrieve and search for content. Results can be XML or JSON. http://www.dotcms.com/docs/2.0/ContentAPI
- dotCMS now ships with a 508/WCAG Accessibility Checker. This functionality is built directly into the WYSIWYG editor. Look for the green check mark icon in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Binary Content - Will now attempt to use Hard Links for file storage.
- dotCMS Widgets can be delivered into 3rd party and remote systems using a high performance restful API, as either code snippets or as full blown applications.
Integrated Help System
- dotCMS has started a Help System built into the backend.
- Users will be able to get documentation help on areas of dotCMS linked directly from the dotCMS backend.
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints -- all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company with offices in Miami, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts and San Jose, Costa Rica. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, Thomson Reuters, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario.