dotCMS Adds Performance Improvements for Customers with Large Content Repositories and Other New Features in dotCMS 5.1.5
May 09, 2019
Miami, FL - dotCMS, a leading-edge, open source hybrid content management software company, announces their latest release, dotCMS 5.1.5 which adds new features, performance improvements for customers with large content repositories, and minor upgrades. This release builds upon its most recent major release, dotCMS 5.1.
“This new version, dotCMS 5.1.5, while not a major release, still has a lot to offer our users,” said Will Ezell, dotCMS CTO. “Users will notice the changes immediately, from the cleaner, refreshed login screen to the new stateless API key functionality and more.”
Notable changes in dotCMS 5.1.5. include:
- Custom content portlets that let users design their own content portlets (e.g. “News Manager”)
- Layouts can now add classes to Rows and Containers
- New Stateless API Tokens which can be issued / revoked from the UI
- A cleaner, redesigned login screen
- Legacy dotCMS endpoints now accept JSON and API tokens (for example, adding and pushing a bundle)
- Reindex performance has been greatly improved
- Workflow APIs can be used instead of the Content APIs to push API Content through defined workflow processes. Content that uses the Workflow API can include binaries and relationships. Workflow actions can be specified by name or id (feature parity with /api/content)
For more on dotCMS 5.1.5, visit dotcms.com/docs/latest/changelogs#release-5.1.5
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints -- all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company with offices in Miami, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts and San Jose, Costa Rica. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, Thomson Reuters, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario.