dotCMS 2.0 Public Demo / Beta
Nov 15, 2011
In preparation for the move to dotCMS 2.0, we are pleased to announce a public demo of dotCMS 2.0 ( http://demo.dotcms.com
). While the user interface looks similar to the 1.9 series, there have been hundreds of improvements in the codebase and in underlying functionality. Highlights of the 2.0 release will include:
New Customizable/Extendable Workflow Engine
- Allows the creation of multiple, muli-level workflow schemes for content and files.
- Workflows can trigger customizable subactions.
- Different content type can have different workflows
Files as Content
- New file types can be created, fields can be customized on a per filetype basis
- URL addressable binary files with all the benefits of being content.
- Metadata/content is extracted from files and is indexed and made searchable, including full-text indexing. This allows for document management solutions to be created using the dotCMS platform.
ElasticSearch replaces (wraps) lucene for performance and horizontal scalability
- Index Replication/Auto-sharding
- Index once, available everywhere in clustered installations.
- Allows index infrastructure to scale separately from dotCMS installation based on an implementation’s need
Pessimistic Content Checkin / Checkout
- Content can be locked for editing - only the editing user or CMS Administrators can release the lock.
Content Editing UI improvements
- Workflows and content locking are integrated into an improved content editing UI.
Key/Value Field Type
- Allows a content type an unlimited number of values that can be determined when the content is being entered – think the specifications page for various electronic products in an ecommerce environment.
Data Model/API Improvements
- Content state has been moved to a separate table
- Identifiers, live and working versions all enforced by referential integrity
The 2.0 beta site is available here - it is automatically rebuilt every 12h:
Currently, dotCMS 2.0 is targeted to be released in late Feb 2012. We welcome any questions, issues or feedback!
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints -- all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company with offices in Miami, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts and San Jose, Costa Rica. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, Thomson Reuters, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario.