dotCMS 1.9.1 adds red-lining, multi-lingual backend and improved search
Sep 16, 2010
Miami FL - 16 September 2010 - dotCMS announced today that it has made 1.9.1 available on http://dotcms.com/downloads/ This follows the July 27 release of 1.9.
Tweet this: dotCMS launches v1.9.1; red-lining, multi-lingual, improved search added to WCM http://bit.ly/a2JeNK
“We have never launched a point release with this number of new features,” commented Will Ezell, CTO of dotCMS. “I am very proud of our R&D team, the Community and Partners for knocking this out 7 weeks after a major release.”
The major additions of 1.9.1 include:
- Multi-lingual backend now includes Spanish, French, German and Conversational Chinese translations. Thanks to our Partners CGX AG and Asta Systems!
- Red-lining : "what's changed" tracks additions, deletions before publishing.
- New I/O friendly disk cache implementation speeds page delivery and overall throughput.
- JSP/Velocity integration tool eases legacy/enterprise system integration by allowing JSPs to be wrapped by velocity templates and content.
- Improved starter site ships with Events calendar, more demonstrations, Google Maps and Google Analytics.
- Multi-host sites will exclude system content by default, more cleanly separating content that lives on specific hosts.
- Multi-host sites log you into the host that you are viewing by default.
- Community contributed JSON Tool - server side JSON handling that allows you to consume and reuse JSON from remote systems - thanks Michael Fienen (@fienen)!
- Community contributed email Tool - scripting friendly tool allows email communication from within Velocity - thanks Chris Falzone (@chris_falzone)!
- A number of minor bug fixes and improvements.
All of the improvements listed above are available in the Community Edition of dotCMS, with the exception of Red-Lining. All 1.9.1 features will be included in all Enterprise products.
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints -- all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company with offices in Miami, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts and San Jose, Costa Rica. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, Thomson Reuters, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario.