dotCMS 1.9.1 adds red-lining, multi-lingual backend and improved search
Sep 16, 2010
Miami FL - 16 September 2010 - dotCMS announced today that it has made 1.9.1 available on http://dotcms.com/downloads/ This follows the July 27 release of 1.9.
Tweet this: dotCMS launches v1.9.1; red-lining, multi-lingual, improved search added to WCM http://bit.ly/a2JeNK
“We have never launched a point release with this number of new features,” commented Will Ezell, CTO of dotCMS. “I am very proud of our R&D team, the Community and Partners for knocking this out 7 weeks after a major release.”
The major additions of 1.9.1 include:
- Multi-lingual backend now includes Spanish, French, German and Conversational Chinese translations. Thanks to our Partners CGX AG and Asta Systems!
- Red-lining : "what's changed" tracks additions, deletions before publishing.
- New I/O friendly disk cache implementation speeds page delivery and overall throughput.
- JSP/Velocity integration tool eases legacy/enterprise system integration by allowing JSPs to be wrapped by velocity templates and content.
- Improved starter site ships with Events calendar, more demonstrations, Google Maps and Google Analytics.
- Multi-host sites will exclude system content by default, more cleanly separating content that lives on specific hosts.
- Multi-host sites log you into the host that you are viewing by default.
- Community contributed JSON Tool - server side JSON handling that allows you to consume and reuse JSON from remote systems - thanks Michael Fienen (@fienen)!
- Community contributed email Tool - scripting friendly tool allows email communication from within Velocity - thanks Chris Falzone (@chris_falzone)!
- A number of minor bug fixes and improvements.
All of the improvements listed above are available in the Community Edition of dotCMS, with the exception of Red-Lining. All 1.9.1 features will be included in all Enterprise products.
dotCMS is an enterprise-grade, open source J2EE/Java Web Content Management System. The system allows those with moderate or limited technical capability to make massive changes in a site. This allows corporations, institutions and organizations to move at a quicker pace by removing the need for application development talent on the Web Team.
Among those who run on dotCMS Enterprise Edition include Toyota, Hospital Corporation of America, Thomson Reuters, University of Texas, Aquent, State of Ohio, and the Government of Quebec.
For more information go to www.dotcms.com or contact Lia Sacco at firstname.lastname@example.org or 786.594.5276.