Posted: Jun 04, 2021
Job Type: Full Time
Charleston SC, Boston MA, Costa Rica, Telecommute
Compensation: We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages.
dotCMS is a leading, open source content and customer experience management platform for companies that want innovation and performance driving their websites and other content-driven applications. Extensible and massively scalable, both small and large organizations can rapidly deliver personalized and engaging content across browsers, mobile devices, channels, second screens and endpoints -- all from a single system.
Founded in 2003, dotCMS is a privately owned US company with offices in Miami, Florida; Boston, Massachusetts and San Jose, Costa Rica. With a global network of certified development partners and an active open source community, dotCMS has generated more than a half-million downloads and thousands of implementations and integration projects worldwide. Notable dotCMS customers include: Telus, Standard & Poors, Hospital Corporation of America, Royal Bank of Canada, DirecTV, Thomson Reuters, China Mobile, Aon, and DriveTest Ontario.
dotCMS is cloud based Digital Experience platform that is changing the way enterprises do digital. We are looking for a Product Manager who understands the MarTech and digital business space, that will dive right in, identify product opportunities that we should pursue, and drive those initiatives from conception to delivery. We want to talk with you if:
- Your background is in development/engineering but you understand business needs, UI/UX and business requirements, or;
- Your background is in UI/UX and understand what users are looking for, but you also have a firm grasp on the technical engineering required to take an idea to production.
- Own and drive product roadmaps. Things like (these are just examples)
- Building a cloud based Analytics Platform
- Building a cloud account/self service Platform
- Creating A/B testing tooling
- Building a trello board-like interface for content development and delivery
- Work with R&D / Engineering to plan, execute, and drive success of key features
- Put together quarterly product objectives and key goals
- Coordinate with Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success Teams for product launches, trainings, documentation, thought-leadership, and customer feedback.
- Work closely with both new and existing customers to understand their needs and translate them into product requirements
- Prioritize features as well as make trade-offs between competing requests
- Make data-driven decisions: design metrics, perform data analyses, collect data in resourceful ways, and dive into details to truly understand issues
- Communicate issues and progress both within the Product Team, as well as cross functionally within the company
- 5-7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree, or 2-3 years and a Master’s degree/MBA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have an eye for UI and design
- You are the kind of person that people enjoy approaching for a simple question, a complicated problem, a brainstorm, a priority decision, or all of the above.
- You are organized and can lead people to be organized
- You are assertive, proactive, and get s#$t done
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, or a related technical field or
- BA/BS in a design related field
- 2-4 years experience in developing products, digital experiences and or management / consulting
- Experience developing internet products and technologies
- Hands on experience with websites, internet products, or technologies