You can deploy dotCMS as a .WAR on a variety of application servers.
The dotCMS distribution includes a buildwar script in the /bin directory that generates a War directory and a dotcms.war file that includes the static plugins in the plugins directory. This war file can then be used with any supported application server.
Each application server requires some specific configuration steps. After reading this document, read the section on your individual application server for specific configuration instructions.
Follow these steps to properly deploy dotCMS as a .WAR:
- Make sure your static plugins are in your /plugins directory
- If running Tomcat App Server ONLY: Before building your .WAR file, configure your database in the dotserver/tomcat-X.X.XX/webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml file
- Run the buildwar script from the dotCMS /bin directory
- Configure the Application Server (see the Application Server configuration documentation)
- Move the WAR file to use with your Application Server
The war file includes configuration files and static plugins for use with your Application Server.