DotCMS can be deployed as a .WAR on a variety of application servers, each with their own nuances. See the topics above for server specific configuration instructions for each application server.
Dotcms ships with a buildwar.sh script in the /bin directory that will generate a War directory and a dotcms.war file that includes the static plugins in the plugins directory. This war file can then be used with any supported application server.
Here are the steps that should be followed to properly deploy dotCMS as a .WAR:
- Make sure your static plugins are in your /plugins directory
- Configure the Application Server (see the Application Server configuration documentation)
- (If running Tomcat App Server ONLY) Before building your .WAR file, configure your database in the dotserver/tomcat-X.X.XX/webapps/ROOT/META-INF/context.xml file
- Run the buildwar.sh script from the dotCMS /bin directory
- Move the WAR file to use with your Application Server
The war file will include configuration files and static plugins for use with your Application Server.